3 sl Raw bacon
8 oz Can minced clams, undrained
1 1/2 c Peeled and cubed potatoes
1/3 c Finely chopped onion
1 md Carrot, diced
2 T Flour
1 1/2 c Milk
1 c Light cream
1 t Salt
1/8 t Pepper
1/4 t Dried thyme leaves
1. Place bacon in a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole.
2. Heat, covered with a paper towel, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until
bacon is crisp. 3. Remove cooked bacon with a slotted spoon. Crumble bacon and set aside.
Reserve drippings in casserole. 4. Drain liquid from clams and add liquid to bacon drippings. Set clams
aside. 5. Add potatoes, onion and carrot to casserole.
6. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 8 minutes or until vegetables are
tender; stir occasionally. 7. Blend flour into vegetable mixture.
8. Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
9. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Ov
en 4 minutes or until thickened and
smooth. 10. Stir in cream, salt, pepper, thyme and reserved clams.
11. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until heated through.
12. Garnish with crumbled bacon before serving.